Included in this course
- 22.5 hours English class
- 2.5 hours self-study
- Placement test on your first day
- Student feedback sessions
- Advice on future study in the UK and English exams
- Fun and varied social programme (entry fees to activities are extra)
- Free Internet and wi-fi
- Live Language Certificate of Attendance, showing final level and study dates
- Course book and supplementary materials
- IELTS exam practice
- Focuses on developing your language for everyday purposes
- Each lesson will allow students to practise and improve their speaking, listening, writing and reading skills
- Grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation are also developed
- Academic-focused extension
- Basis for further study at a British institution of higher learning
- Practise common study tasks such as presentations, essay writing and note-taking
- Is a series of independent learning tasks with support from your teachers
- It is designed to bridge the gap between language study and undergraduate or postgraduate study
- Our library and study centre are available to support you for this element of your course
- Visit our Academic Support Tutor. Kenny is there to help you with any aspect of your English.
- The Social Programme is the ideal opportunity to make friends from other countries and see our beautiful city.
- Follow us on Facebook – you can keep up to date with all of our events and news.
- Try some Skype lessons before you arrive in Glasgow. It’s a great way to meet your teachers and build confidence before you get here.
- Chat with our team – the staff in Reception and the café are friendly and always interested in meeting new people.
- Do a language exchange with one of our Scottish students. We also teach a lot of Foreign Languages – everything from Spanish to Norwegian. Jose is on hand to help you arrange everything.
Monday to Friday
Mornings (9.00am to 2.30pm)
|Lessons||22.5 hours per week|
|Guided Self-Access Module||2.5 hours per week|
|Start dates||Any Monday|
|Course length||1-48 weeks|
|Max class size||In busy times, the maximum class size is 14, but is usually 12|
|Levels||Elementary to Advanced|
|Minimum number*||4 students|
|Non-teaching days in 2018||-Easter: Friday 30 March and Monday 2nd April
-Monday 7 May
-Monday 28 May
-Monday 24 September
-Christmas: 22 December - 6 January 2019 (School reopens on 7th January 2019)
*Please note, the school requires sufficient student numbers to start a class, so some classes may be subject to cancellation or may not run all year round. The minimum number of group class size is 4 students. If a class does not have 4 students, then students will be given options to enable them to continue studying. This may be converting the tuition fees to semi-private lessons or adding their name to a waiting list until the minimum number is reached. Usually however, two similar levels are combined into one class to avoid disruption or inconvenience for the students.
Please read the Live Language Terms and Conditions before booking your course.
We also know that studying a language can be difficult and challenging and so we have a range of Support Services to help you progress as quickly as possible and make the most of your time with us. Try our Language Exchange Programme or get additional help from our Academic Support Tutor. We even arrange voluntary work with charities – all to help you improve your English.
|Price per week if paid in advance||£209||£189||£179|
|Price per week If paid after the start of the course||£230||£230||£230|
Discounted rates are given for payments in advance. Courses not paid in advance will be charged at the weekly rate.
Add on to your course:
- English Club (http://live-language.com/english-club/)
- Skype lessons (http://live-language.com/skype-lessons/)
- One-to-One meetings with our Academic Support Tutor (FREE)
- One-to-One meeting with our Admissions Advisor (FREE)
- Globaliveation (Language Exchange, volunteering, monthly lectures) (FREE)
- Fun and varied Social Programme (free museum visits and tennis, entry fees to other activities are extra)