Included in this course:
- 12 weeks of 3 hours
- Placement test if needed
- Language Exchange Programme
- Advice on future study in the UK and English exams
- Fun and varied social programme (entry fees to activities are extra)
- Internet and email access + Wi-Fi
Cambridge Exam Preparation Evening Course
- Grammar for the Use of English section
- Listening strategies
- All of the types of English Writing tasks
- Speaking – including pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary
- Reading techniques
- Read our blog – we post tips and help with the First and Advanced Cambridge exams
- Do practise speaking tests with our Academic Support Tutor – make free appointments with Kenny. Many of our students do this before the exam.
- Speak to your teacher about doing a full practice test (fee applies). We can arrange for you to do all sections of the exam on a Saturday. It’s one of the best ways to prepare for the First or Advanced exam.
- Join English Club – it’s only £24 for six sessions and you can choose when you attend. It’s available every day but you have 6 weeks to use your sessions so it’s flexible and you can come when you are free. The students are the ones who decide what happens in class. The teachers are there to guide the classes and answer any questions.
FCE: Tuesdays & Thursdays – 6.00 - 7.30pm
CAE: Mondays & Wednesdays – 6.00 – 7.30pm
|Lessons||3 hours per week|
|Course dates||16/01/2017 – 06/04/2017 OR
24/04/2017 – 13/07/2017* OR
04/09/2017 – 23/11/2017**
|Course length||12 weeks|
|Max class size||In busy times, the maximum class size is 14 but is usually 12|
|Levels||1. Upper Intermediate (FCE, B2, IELTS 5.0 and above)
2. Advanced (CAE, C1, IELTS 6.0 and above)
* Monday/Wednesday course ends 19/06
**Monday/Wednesday course ends 27/11
|Minimum number*||4 students|
|Non-teaching days in 2017||2017
Easter: Friday 14 April and Monday 17th April
Monday 1 May
Monday 29 May
Monday 25 September
Christmas: 23 December – 7 January 2018 (School closes on 23rd December and reopens on 8th January)
*Please note, the school requires sufficient student numbers to start a class, so some classes may be subject to cancellation. The minimum number of group class size is 4 students. If a class does not have 4 students by the second week of the term, then students will be given options to enable them to continue studying. This may be converting the tuition fees to semi-private lessons or adding their name to a waiting list until the minimum number is reached.
Please read the Live Language Terms and Conditions before booking your course.
We also know that studying a language can be difficult and challenging and so we have a range of Support Services to help you progress as quickly as possible and make the most of your time with us. Try our Language Exchange Programme or get additional help from our Academic Support Tutor. We even arrange voluntary work with charities – all to help you improve your English.
|Price per course (£)||180|
ILA Funding available. For more information on ILA, please click here.
- English Club (http://live-language.com/english-club/)
- Skype lessons (http://live-language.com/skype-lessons/)
- One-to-One meetings with our Academic Support Tutor (FREE)
- Globaliveation (Language Exchange, volunteering, monthly lectures) (FREE)
- Fun and varied Social Programme (free museum visits and tennis, entry fees to other activities are extra)