Gain a CELTA teaching qualification in Glasgow
The Cambridge CELTA qualification is the industry standard for those teaching English as a foreign language to adults. It is internationally recognised and could be your passport to a career abroad. The CELTA course is ideal for those who love travel, learning about new cultures and who want to embrace the challenge of teaching. The CELTA at Live Language is a course and can open doors, which short, weekend TEFL courses can’t. All our teachers have the CELTA qualification as a minimum, and we’ve worked in countries such as Japan, Korea, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Italy, Vietnam, China and France to name a few!
We have 2 course options for completing your CELTA course with us:
- A 4-week Intensive Face-to-Face course (all methodology taught in face-to-face input sessions and all Teaching Practice done at the centre).
- A 10-week Blended Online course (all methodology done online by working through self-study units and completing forum tasks and all Teaching Practice done at the centre).
- Download and complete the Application Form.
- Return the application pack, including supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will review your application and invite you to a group interview. Due to the current COVID-19 situation, all interviews are being carried out over Zoom at present. At the interview, you will review the pre-interview task and find out more about what the course entails.
- We will send out offers of places to successful candidates no longer than 7 days after the group interview.
- If you are successful, a non-refundable deposit of £300 is required to secure your place on the course.
- Payment of the remainder of the fees is usually due 4 weeks before the start of the course.
Course Prices for 2020:
Intensive - £1300
Blended Course- £1400 (includes Cambridge assessment fees)
Dates for Intensive Courses:
Our courses are very popular, so it's never too early to get your applications in.
|Dates||Final application date|
|Monday 10th August- Friday 4th September 2020||Monday 6th July 2020|
|Monday 21st September – Friday 16th October 2020||Monday 17th August 2020|
|Monday 9th November – Friday 4th December 2020||Monday 5th October 2020|
Group Interview Dates:If you are unable to attend the group interview, we are able to offer one-to-one interviews or interviews over Skype or Zoom.
|Wednesday 8th July 2020|
|Friday 7th August 2020|
|Friday 2nd October 2020|
Right from the start I felt welcomed and supported by everyone at Live Language. The quality of the teaching and feedback from all the tutors involved was of the highest quality and the opportunity to observe these ELT professionals in action was so valuable. I was amazed at how much I learned in such a short period of time. The learners in our classes were great fun to work with and to chat with over a coffee in the common room. I enjoyed my time at Live Language and getting the feel for the day to day routine of a language school. I would highly recommend this course.
I feel I have come alive taking the CELTA course at Live Language. It has helped me discover who I am and what I want and need to have in my life. Meeting my training colleagues has been a joy. I will remember these inspiring friends and reflect on this experience for the rest of my life.
Anyone considering the course really must think of devoting this month to themselves, but when you get through, you will be happy you did it.
Tip from a recent trainee
1.Clear your diary 2.Eat well 3.Get sleep - do not do an overnighter 4.Manage your time - divide your effort between your lesson plans and assignments 5.Come to lesson planning sessions with a plan to get the best out of the tutors' input
Tip from a recent trainee