Gain a CELTA teaching qualification at Live Language in Glasgow
The Cambridge CELTA qualification is the industry standard for those teaching English as a foreign language to adults. It is internationally recognised and could be your passport to a career abroad. The CELTA course is ideal for those who love travel, learning about new cultures and who want to embrace the challenge of teaching. The CELTA at Live Language is a course and can open doors, which short, weekend TEFL courses can’t. All our teachers have the CELTA qualification as a minimum, and we’ve worked in countries such as Japan, Korea, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Italy, Vietnam, China and France to name a few!
We have 2 course options – a 4-week intensive and a 10-week blended online option. In the blended option, you will complete 8 weeks online and come to Live Language in Glasgow for 2 weeks of face-to-face tuition. Whether face-to-face or online, your course tutors will guide you through input sessions, teaching practice, observations and assessments. You will learn teaching methodologies, build your awareness of language, and develop your teaching skills.
Intensive CELTA course dates:
The full-time course takes place over 4 weeks – but be warned, it’s not for the faint-hearted! We advise you to clear your calendar of all commitments during the course. It makes extensive demands on your time in the evening and the weekend.
|6th August to 31st August 2018||£1250||6th July 2018|
|5th November to 30th November 2018||£1250||5th October 2018|
Blended Online CELTA:
If you are thinking of starting your career in CELTA but can’t commit to a full-time course, we can now offer a blended learning option. The course is 10 weeks in total – 8 weeks online and 2 weeks at Live Language. Working online allows you to study at times which suit you, and you can even work around your job or family commitments. Our tutor is there to support you throughout the course and you’ll have the opportunity to share ideas with other course participants. During the online component, you’ll complete your course assignments and prepare for your teaching practice component.
During your two weeks at Live Language, you’ll undertake the teaching practice element of the course. This runs from 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday (including any bank holidays which fall during these weeks). Although this is an intensive 2 weeks, you will be able to focus solely on your teaching.
|5th March to 11th May 2018|
- Face to face 9th April to 13th April
- Face to face 30th April to 4th May
|£1330 (includes Cambridge assessment fees)||5th February 2018|
|7th May to 13th July 2018|
- Face to face 11th June to 15th June
- Face to face 25th June to 29th June
|£1330 (includes Cambridge assessment fees)||6th April 2018|
- Be over 20 years old
- Be native speakers or have a certified English level equivalent to C2 on the CEFR. Candidates with high C1 (e.g. Cambridge Advanced at A or B) may be considered.
- Ideally be educated to degree level. The CELTA is level 8 on the Scottish Qualifications framework so is at bachelor degree level. However, those with an education level which would be acceptable for university entry are welcome to apply.
- Be committed to 100% attendance and be able to work to tight deadlines.
The application process has a number of stages:
- You are sent an application pack and course information.
- You should return the completed application form, pre-interview task, CV, copies of educational certificates, evidence of your language ability (if a non-native speaker) and a passport-sized photograph to Live Language
- If selected, we will contact you for an interview at the centre or via Skype. As part of the interview you will be required to complete a written task and several language awareness tasks.
- You will be notified soon after the interview if you have been successful.
- If you are joining the course, we recommend that you do pre-course reading from the books on the recommended reading list.
A CELTA with Live Language Glasgow can open up opportunities for you here and abroad – take the first step to enriching your career with us. Contact us for more information on at Cambridge.firstname.lastname@example.org
Right from the start I felt welcomed and supported by everyone at Live Language. The quality of the teaching and feedback from all the tutors involved was of the highest quality and the opportunity to observe these ELT professionals in action was so valuable. I was amazed at how much I learned in such a short period of time. The learners in our classes were great fun to work with and to chat with over a coffee in the common room. I enjoyed my time at Live Language and getting the feel for the day to day routine of a language school. I would highly recommend this course.
I feel I have come alive taking the CELTA course at Live Language. It has helped me discover who I am and what I want and need to have in my life. Meeting my training colleagues has been a joy. I will remember these inspiring friends and reflect on this experience for the rest of my life.
Having just completed Celta with Live Language I cannot recommend the school enough. The course was challenging, tiring and stimulating all at the same time. As for the tutors we had , I cannot praise them enough. Professional but always encouraging. The mentoring and feedback was honest and to the point , but with a clear emphasis on where we needed to put our focus. It was very individual, helping us to build on our strengths as well as developing our weaker areas. I had looked at several providers of this course but I am so happy to have chosen this school, which just felt right from the word go. Tutors of other classes, who were not involved with my course, were very friendly and so encouraging as they too were Celta/ Delta qualified and understood the demands . The school is vibrant but small enough to really feel involved immediately. For anyone considering Celta I would recommend Live Language as the place to apply for this course.
Tips from recent trainees
Anyone considering the course really must think of devoting this month to themselves, but when you get through, you will be happy you did it.
Clear your diary Eat well Get sleep - do not do an overnighter Manage your time - divide your effort between your lesson plans and assignments Come to lesson planning sessions with a plan to get the best out of the tutors' input