Gain a CELTA teaching qualification at Live Language in Glasgow
The Cambridge CELTA qualification is the industry standard for those teaching English as a foreign language to adults. It is internationally recognised and could be your passport to a career abroad. The CELTA course is ideal for those who love travel, learning about new cultures and who want to embrace the challenge of teaching. The CELTA at Live Language is a course and can open doors, which short, weekend TEFL courses can’t. All our teachers have the CELTA qualification as a minimum, and we’ve worked in countries such as Japan, Korea, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Italy, Vietnam, China and France to name a few!
We have 2 course options – a 4-week face-to-face intensive and an 11-week blended online option. In the blended option, you will complete 9 weeks online and come to Live Language in Glasgow for 2 weeks of face-to-face tuition. Whether face-to-face or online, your course tutors will guide you through input sessions, teaching practice, observations and assessments. You will learn teaching methodologies, build your awareness of language, and develop your teaching skills.
- Be over 20 years old
- Be native speakers or have a certified English level equivalent to C2 on the CEFR. Candidates with high C1 (e.g. Cambridge Advanced at A or B) may be considered.
- Ideally be educated to degree level. The CELTA is level 8 on the Scottish Qualifications framework so is at bachelor degree level. However, those with an education level which would be acceptable for university entry are welcome to apply.
- Be committed to 100% attendance and be able to work to tight deadlines.
The application process has a number of stages:
- You are sent an application pack and course information.
- You should return the completed application form, pre-interview task, CV, copies of educational certificates, evidence of your language ability (if a non-native speaker) and a passport-sized photograph to Live Language
- If selected, we will contact you for an interview at the centre or via Skype. As part of the interview you will be required to complete a written task and several language awareness tasks.
- You will be notified soon after the interview if you have been successful.
- If you are joining the course, we recommend that you do pre-course reading from the books on the recommended reading list.
Face-to face CELTA course dates:
The full-time course takes place over 4 weeks – but be warned, it’s not for the faint-hearted! We advise you to clear your calendar of all commitments during the course. It makes extensive demands on your time in the evening and the weekend.
|6th November||1st December||25th September|
*No places will be offered after the 25th September. All applications and interviews must be completed by then. It is recommended that the applications are in one week before this deadline to make sure there is time to arrange an interview.
Course cost is £1,150 and includes the Cambridge Assessment fees. Instalment plans are available for a limited time only.
Blended Online CELTA:
If you are thinking of starting your career in CELTA but can’t commit to a full-time course, we can now offer a blended learning option. The course is 11 weeks in total – 9 weeks online and 2 weeks at Live Language. Working online allows you to study at times which suit you, and you can even work around your job or family commitments. Our tutor is there to support you throughout the course and you’ll have the opportunity to share ideas with other course participants. During your two weeks at Live Language, you’ll undertake the teaching practice element of the course. This runs from 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday (including any bank holidays which fall during these weeks). Although this is an intensive 2 weeks, you will be able to focus solely on your teaching.
Deadline to apply
|20th February – 5th May||3rd April – 14th April||20 January*||£1180** (2016 prices)|
|15th May - 28th July||26th June - 7th July||8th April||£1230**|
|7th August - 20th October||11th September - 22nd September (TBC)||26th June||£1230**|
*No places will be offered after January 20th (February course), 15th April (May course) and 26th June (August course). All applications and interviews must be completed by then. It is recommended that the applications are in one week before this deadline to make sure there is time to arrange an interview.
**Includes Cambridge assessment / licence fees
A CELTA with Live Language Glasgow can open up opportunities for you here and abroad – take the first step to enriching your career with us. Contact us for more information on at Cambridge.email@example.com