Included in this course:
- 15 hours of English tuition
- Placement test on your first day
- Student feedback sessions
- Advice on future study in the UK and English exams
- Fun and varied social programme (entry fees to activities are extra)
- Internet and email access + Wi-Fi
- Live Language Certificate of Attendance, showing final level and study dates
English Course Glasgow
- Getting a better job
- Improving confidence when speaking
- Gaining better English writing skills
- Improving English listening skills
- Developing natural conversation skills
- Preparing for an English exam
- Understanding vocabulary from the context
- Improving your fluency
- Active listening
- More accurate English grammar
- How to use dictionaries to improve your grammar and vocabulary
- Learn to become an independent learner
- Meet people from other countries
- Regular testing lets you see your progress
- 3-weekly tutorials with your teacher allows you to talk about your goals and get advice on how to achieve them
- Do a language exchange with one of the Scottish students who are learning your language. Just contact Jose (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. Check out our Foreign Languages page to see the many languages we teach here.
- Listen to your teacher! Our teachers attend frequent training to continue to improve their skills. They give advice in every lesson on how you can progress and will push you to learn more. We Demand High which means every minute of your class is a learning opportunity.
- Socialise – make friends with your classmates, join the Social Programme or just chat with staff at Reception or in the café.
Monday to Friday
Mornings (9.00am to 12.15pm)
|Lessons||15 hours per week
|Start dates||Any Monday|
|Course length||1-48 weeks|
|Max class size||In busy times, the maximum class size is 14 but is usually 12|
|Levels||Beginner to Advanced*|
*Please note: Beginner courses are available on demand
£30.00 / £45.00 for non-EU Students (£20 for private and evening courses)
|Minimum number*||4 students|
|Use of Textbook||All students receive a textbook free of charge at the beginning of the course which they have to return to the school when they leave.|
|Non-teaching days in 2016/2017||2016
Christmas: Wednesday 21 December – Tuesday 3 January 2017 (School closes on 21st December and reopens on 4th January)
New Year: School reopens on 4th January 2017
Easter: Friday 14 April and Monday 17th April
Monday 1 May
Monday 29 May
Monday 25 September
Christmas: 23 December – 7 January 2018 (School closes on 23rd December and reopens on 8th January)
*Please note, the school requires sufficient student numbers to start a class, so some classes may be subject to cancellation or may not run all year round. The minimum number of group class size is 4 students. If a class does not have 4 students, then students will be given options to enable them to continue studying. This may be converting the tuition fees to semi-private lessons or adding their name to a waiting list until the minimum number is reached. Usually however, two similar levels are combined into one class to avoid disruption or inconvenience for the students.
Please read the Live Language Terms and Conditions before booking your course.
We also know that studying a language can be difficult and challenging and so we have a range of Support Services to help you progress as quickly as possible and make the most of your time with us. Try our Language Exchange Programme or get additional help from our Academic Support Tutor. We even arrange voluntary work with charities – all to help you improve your English.
|Price per week if paid at least 2 weeks before the start of the course||£139||£129||£119|
|Price per week If paid after the start of the course||£150||£150||£150|
Discounted rates are given for payments in advance. Courses not paid in advance will be charged at the weekly rate.
Add on to your course:
- English Club (http://live-language.com/english-club/)
- Skype lessons (http://live-language.com/skype-lessons/)
- One-to-One meetings with our Academic Support Tutor (FREE)
- Globaliveation (Language Exchange, volunteering, monthly lectures) (FREE)
- Fun and varied Social Programme (free museum visits and tennis, entry fees to other activities are extra)