Intensive Plus (30 hours)
Included in this course:
- 22.5 hours English class
- 5 hours of English Club
- 2.5 hours self-study
- Placement test on your first day
- Student tutorials every 3 weeks
- Academic Support tutor appointments available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Live Language Certificate of Attendance, showing final level and study dates
- Use of the course book
- Free Culture Club to learn about UK customs and values
£199-£300 / week
Intensive English courses in Glasgow
If 25 hours isn’t enough, try our 30-hour Intensive Plus course. It’s a combination of a 25-hour course and English Club. Your 25-hour course can be IELTS Preparation 25, Summer Intensive, or Academic English 25. After that finishes at 2.30, you’ll join English Club. These Clubs are led by the students and the teacher is only there to give feedback and correction.
Your 25-hour course can be IELTS Preparation 25, Summer Intensive, or Academic English 25. The choice is entirely up to you. You can discuss what the best option is when you are having your level check. It’s usually with our Director of Studies Sharon and she can give advice on what to focus on. After your course finishes at 2.30, you’ll join English Club until 3.45pm. These Clubs are led by the students and the teacher is there to help. You bring what you want to talk about so for example, if you want extra vocabulary or conversation practice, English Club is ideal for you. You can read the full course outline here.
A 30-hour course can be tiring but by balancing the focus of each part of the day, you will be able to improve without burning out! During the morning you will get a lot of input and in the afternoon when you are a bit more tired, we focus on practice activities. You also have much more control over what you want to do in the English Club. This means you can tailor the course to what you need. And all classes focus on communication so whatever you are studying, you’ll be improving your speaking and listening.
Try and immerse yourself in English while you are here.
- Continue learning with us with some Skype lessons when you are in your country. Helps you maintain your level of English during the year when you are back at work or school.
- The Social Programme is an ideal way to see what a beautiful city Glasgow is, while making new friends at the same time.
- If you want extra materials, we have a library that you can borrow books from. You can take them home or just use them in our Study Centre. There are also iPads in there for you to use – there are lots of great apps to help you practise.
|Timetable||Monday to Friday |
9.00am to 3.45pm
|Lessons||22.5 hours per week|
|English Club||5 hours per week|
|Guided Self-Access Module||2.5 hours per week|
|Start dates||Any Monday|
|Course length||1-48 weeks|
|Max class size||In busy times, the maximum class size is 14 but is usually 12|
|Levels||Beginner to Advanced|
|Minimum number*||4 students|
|Non-teaching days in 2018/2019||-Christmas: 22 December - 6 January 2019 (School reopens on 7th January 2019)|
-Easter: Friday 19 April and Monday 22nd April
-Monday 6 May
-Monday 27 May
-Monday 30 September
-Christmas: 21 December - 5 January 2020 (School reopens on 6th January 2020)
Please read the Live Language Terms and Conditions before booking your course.
|Price per week if paid in advance||£230||£209||£199|
|Price per week If paid after the start of the course||£300||£300||£300|
Discounted rates are given for payments in advance. Courses not paid in advance will be charged at the weekly rate.
Add on to your course:
- English Club (https://live-language.com/english-club/)
- Skype lessons (https://live-language.com/skype-lessons/)
- One-to-One meetings with our Academic Support Tutor (FREE)
- Globaliveation (Language Exchange and volunteering) (FREE)
- Fun and varied Social Programme (free museum visits and walking tours, entry fees to other activities are extra)