Included in this course:
- 22.5 hours English class
- 2.5 hours self-study
- Textbook and materials
- Placement test on your first day
- Student feedback sessions
- Advice on future study in the UK and English exams
- Fun and varied social programme (entry fees to activities are extra)
- Internet and email access + Wi-Fi
- Live Language Certificate of Attendance, showing final level and study dates
Intensive Summer English Course
- maybe you want Cambridge First Certificate (FCE) or Advanced (CAE) exam practice
- or you might prefer General English
- you can also study IELTS preparation
- You can study English for work where you’ll learn skills to help you in your job or help find a new one
- Or you may want more Listening and Speaking skills – this is our most popular summer skills class. Most people want extra conversation practice while they are here.
- You might want Exam English Practice so may prefer to focus on Cambridge exams or the IELTS.
- Join one of our monthly lectures as part of our Globaliveation programme
- Borrow a reader or textbook from our library
- Join one of the many Social Programme events – we try to make sure that all tastes are catered for. We have a lot of free events, but obviously there will be costs for some trips
- Chill out in the café and student lounge – chat to the staff or hang out with classmates playing video games on the large projector.
Monday to Friday
9.00am to 2.30pm
|Lessons||22.5 hours per week|
|Guided Self-Access Module||2.5 hours per week|
|Start dates||Any Monday from 27th June to 16th September|
|Course length||1-12 weeks|
|Max class size||In busy times, the maximum class size is 14 but is usually 12|
|Levels||Pre-Intermediate to Advanced|
£30.00 / £45.00 for non-EU Students
|Minimum number*||4 students|
|Use of Textbook||All students receive a textbook free of charge at the beginning of the course which they have to return to the school when they leave.|
|Non-teaching days in 2016/2017||2016
Christmas: Wednesday 21 December – Tuesday 3 January 2017 (School closes on 21st December and reopens on 4th January)
New Year: School reopens on 4th January 2017
Easter: Friday 14 April and Monday 17th April
Monday 1 May
Monday 29 May
Monday 25 September
Christmas: 23 December – 7 January 2018 (School closes on 23rd December and reopens on 8th January)
*Please note, the school requires sufficient student numbers to start a class, so some classes may be subject to cancellation or may not run all year round. The minimum number of group class size is 4 students. If a class does not have 4 students, then students will be given options to enable them to continue studying. This may be converting the tuition fees to semi-private lessons or adding their name to a waiting list until the minimum number is reached. Usually however, two similar levels are combined into one class to avoid disruption or inconvenience for the students.
Please read the Live Language Terms and Conditions before booking your course.
We also know that studying a language can be difficult and challenging and so we have a range of Support Services to help you progress as quickly as possible and make the most of your time with us. Try our Language Exchange Programme or get additional help from our Academic Support Tutor. We even arrange voluntary work with charities – all to help you improve your English.
|Price per week if paid at least 2 weeks before the start of the course||£209||£189|
|Price per week If paid after the start of the course||£230||£230|
Discounted rates are given for payments in advance. Courses not paid in advance will be charged at the weekly rate.
Add on to your course:
- English Club (http://live-language.com/english-club/)
- Skype lessons (http://live-language.com/skype-lessons/)
- One-to-One meetings with our Academic Support Tutor (FREE)
- Globaliveation (Language Exchange, volunteering, monthly lectures) (FREE)
- Fun and varied Social Programme (free museum visits and tennis, entry fees to other activities are extra)