Academic English Course
Included in this course
- 22.5 hours English class
- 2.5 hours self-study
- Placement test on your first day
- Student tutorials every 3 weeks
- Live Language Certificate of Attendance, showing final level and study dates
- Use of the course book
Academic English Course Glasgow
- Focuses on developing your language for everyday purposes
- Each lesson will allow students to practise and improve their speaking, listening, writing and reading skills
- Grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation are also developed
- Academic-focused extension
- Basis for further study at a British institution of higher learning
- Practise common study tasks such as presentations, essay writing and note-taking
- Is a series of independent learning tasks with support from your teachers
- It is designed to bridge the gap between language study and undergraduate or postgraduate study
- Our library and study centre are available to support you for this element of your course
- The Social Programme is the ideal opportunity to make friends from other countries and see our beautiful city.
- Follow us on Facebook – you can keep up to date with all of our events and news.
- Try some Skype lessons before you arrive in Glasgow. It’s a great way to meet your teachers and build confidence before you get here.
- Chat with our team – the staff in Reception and the café are friendly and always interested in meeting new people.
- Do a language exchange with one of our Scottish students. We also teach a lot of Foreign Languages – everything from Spanish to Norwegian. Jose is on hand to help you arrange everything.
|Timetable||Monday to Friday
Mornings (9.00am to 2.30pm)
|Lessons||22.5 hours per week|
|Guided Self-Access Module||2.5 hours per week|
|Mode of delivery||Face-to-face|
|Start dates||Any Monday|
|Course length||1-48 weeks|
|Max class size||6 (instead of the usual 14)|
|Levels||Beginner to Advanced|
|Minimum age||- 16 for face-to-face lessons
- 18 for online classes
|Minimum number*||4 students|
|Non-teaching days in 2020||-Christmas: 19th December - 3rd January 2021 (school re-opens 4th January 2021)|
|Maximum number||6 (instead of the usual 14)|
Please read the Live Language Terms and Conditions before booking your course.
|Price per week if paid in advance||£210||£190|
|Price per week If paid after the start of the course||£290||£290|
Discounted rates are given for payments in advance. Courses not paid in advance will be charged at the weekly rate.
Information on how to make a payment during the Coronavirus crisis can be found here.
Add on to your course:
- Skype lessons (https://live-language.com/skype-lessons/)
- Globaliveation (Language Exchange and volunteering) (FREE)
- Fun and varied Social Programme (free museum visits and walking tours, entry fees to other activities are extra)