Best Films to Practise English
by admin / Thursday, 18 June 2020
- The King’s Speech Focuses on England’s King George, who had to overcome his stutter to deliver a speech on the radio. Great film to improve your British accent as it strongly focuses on pronunciation.
- Love Actually Great romantic comedy film, set over the festive period. Eight different stories set in London. As there are many characters, this gives you a chance to listen to a variety of English accents and also an Irish accent with the famous actor, Liam Neeson.
- Forrest Gump Classic film choice telling the story of a young man, played by the fantastic Tom Hanks. A funny and moving film which touches on important points in history. Great movie to learn your English as he speaks very slowly throughout, making it easier to follow and understand. Lots of American slang used which is great for more advanced learners.
- The Theory of Everything This is a true story about the life of Stephen Hawking, one of the most famous scientists in the world. Great film to learn and improve your English as the characters all speak in very clear, British accents. Also, this film can help you if you are wanting to learn some scientific vocabulary.
- The Queen Great film to learn English and improve your pronunciation and you can learn about the Royal Family and British culture..
What’s your favourite movie?
If you need more opportunities to practise English, why not join our Part-time course? It’s flexible, takes only a couple of hours of your time weekly and the lessons are tailored to your needs. For more information, click here.