English Teacher Vacancies
We are currently recruiting teachers to join our team. We are looking for CELTA-qualified teachers, preferably with experience in teaching IELTS and / or Medical English, but this is not essential. Our school is focused on the teaching of adult learners (age 16+) and we are keen to get teachers in place as soon as possible.
If you would like to apply:
- read the job description:
- send in a completed application form and CV to [email protected]
Please note that successful candidates will be invited to attend all In-house training sessions and have the opportunity to undertake peer observations.
The hours of work will generally be Monday to Friday in the mornings and afternoons, but may include evenings, weekends and off-site contracts. The hours of work will vary from week to week depending on the demands of the school. The offer of a post is subject to references and suitability checks as detailed below.
Staff will have self-employed status which means:
- Live Language will not deduct tax or national insurance from your wages, and you will be responsible for filing a tax return.
- You will be expected to provide an up-to-date DVB check from Disclosure Scotland in line with British Council Accreditation standards. More information is available here
- You agree to complete an online Safeguarding and Prevent training course.
- You will also have to provide a Public Liability Insurance certificate as your status is self-employed. This covers your personal liability should you or a student have an accident during class time. You can contact your current insurance provider or click here for an example.
Foreign Language Teacher Vacancies
Live Language is looking to build its bank of Foreign Language teachers for courses in September and January. If you are an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher, we’d love to hear from you. We are particularly interested in teachers of the following languages, but the list is not exhaustive.If you teach another language, please feel free to apply.
- Mandarin and Cantonese
To apply, please read the job description and send a completed application with your CV to [email protected]
We are seeking a Financial Administrator to join our team and help manage our financial operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining financial records, preparing financial reports, reconciling accounts, and providing support to the management team. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of financial principles and processes, excellent problem-solving skills, experience with Quickbooks, and the ability to work in an international environment. Full training will be given, as well as free evening language training at our language school should you want to learn another language.
- Manage and maintain financial records.
- Analyse financial data and prepare financial reports.
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures.
- Monitor financial transactions to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts.
- Provide advice on financial matters.
- Provide support to the management team.
Please email your note of interest and a Job Pack will be sent. Interviews will be held w/c 19th June 23.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,680.00-£23,683.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Language training provided
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Glasgow: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Diploma of Higher Education (required)
- Financial administration: 2 years (required)
- English (required)
- Day shift (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 14/06/2023
Expected start date: 03/07/2023
We are always looking for friendly host providers for students looking for Homestay in Glasgow. Contact us at [email protected] to find out what it takes to become a host.
Homestay accommodation provides a family environment for a student while they are studying. Hosts are expected to spend time with the student, and include them in family events, and day to day life, such as shopping, sporting events, walking the dog etc. Hosts should help students settle into life in Glasgow, and make them feel at home. Families can comprise of single people, families with children, or couples, young or old. At least one adult must be a native English speaker. Families should provide a welcoming home, with private, well-equipped bedroom with desk, and clean bedding and towels. Most information on what’s involved can be provided on request.
*Live Language School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.