Information for students under 18
We want to make sure that your child is safe and happy while studying in the UK.
How we take care of students who are under 18
- Guardians will be asked to fill in a medical information and a parental consent form before arrival
- Students under 18 will have a Designated Person they can talk to about any problems or questions (Tatiana Camilleri)
- If students are more than 15 minutes late, we will call them to check if they are ok. If there is no response, we will contact the guardians.
- Students will have a special Welcome Meeting where we give them useful information and some handy tips about life in the UK and how to stay safe.
At the meeting, we give students information about:
- Reporting a crime
- Looking after your belongings
- Safety on the streets
- Public transport
- Laws in the UK
16-17 year old students will:
- come into regular contact with other students over the age of 18, in class and during the leisure programme.
- be responsible for buying their own lunch during the week.
- be expected to respect British laws (e.g. related to smoking and drinking alcohol) that apply to people aged under 18. As a consequence, there may be some leisure activities which students under 18 cannot take part in because of their age.
- have unsupervised free time in Glasgow between classes/activities.
- have unsupervised free time in Glasgow during the time between the end of classes/activities and the time of the evening meal at their accommodation.
- have unsupervised free time in the evening after the evening meal and at weekends.
You can read our full Safeguarding policy here.
If you need any more information, please contact us.