Intensive English Course
Included in this course
- 22.5 hours English class
- Placement test on your first day
- Student tutorials every 3 weeks
- Live Language Certificate of Attendance, showing final level and study dates
- Use of the course book
£240 - £330 / week
Intensive English Course Glasgow
The course is designed for students who are preparing for pre-sessional or direct study in UK universities at undergraduate or postgraduate level. The Intensive English Course will help you understand the kind of language which will be used in lectures and in an academic context. We will focus on improving your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills throughout this course.
You can read the full course outline here. The Intensive English course has 2 components: 1. General English (15 hours per week)
- Focuses on developing your language for everyday purposes
- Each lesson will allow students to practise and improve their speaking, listening, writing and reading skills
- Grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation are also developed
- Academic-focused extension
- Basis for further study at a British institution of higher learning
- Practise common study tasks such as presentations, essay writing and note-taking
Our Intensive English course is designed to help you bridge the gap between General English and university study. Weekly tests and 3-weekly tutorials mean that you can keep track of your progress. One of the biggest benefits is being able to settle into Glasgow before you start your university study. Learn English in Live Language and feel part of a family, even when you’re far from home.
Immerse yourself in English in your time with us. We pride ourselves in giving you as many opportunities as possible to learn English.
- The Social Programme is the ideal opportunity to make friends from other countries and see our beautiful city.
- Follow us on Facebook – you can keep up to date with all of our events and news.
- Try some Skype lessons before you arrive in Glasgow. It’s a great way to meet your teachers and build confidence before you get here.
- Chat with our team – the staff in Reception and the café are friendly and always interested in meeting new people.
- Do a language exchange with one of our Scottish students. We also teach a lot of Foreign Languages – everything from Spanish to Norwegian. Jose is on hand to help you arrange everything.
The Intensive General English course is the perfect choice. With 22.5 hours of study per week, it doesn’t matter if you need to improve your English for your job, your future or your study, we can help you, even in a short time. And during the summer, there is a strong focus on speaking and listening in all classes. We know this is what our summer students want, so it’s what we teach.
|Timetable||Monday to Friday
Mornings (9.00am to 2.30pm)
|Lessons||22.5 hours per week|
|Mode of delivery||Face-to-face|
|Start dates||Any Monday|
|Course length||1-48 weeks|
|Max class size||14|
|Levels||Beginner to Advanced|
|Minimum age||- 16 for face-to-face lessons
- 18 for online classes
|Minimum number*||4 students|
|Non-teaching days in 2023||- New Year: Until 9th January 2023
- Easter: Friday 7th April and Monday 10th April
- Monday 1st May
- Friday 29th May
- Monday 25th September
- Christmas: 23rd December – 7th January 2024 (School reopens on 8th January 2024)
Please read the Live Language Terms and Conditions before booking your course.
|Price per week if paid in advance||£250||£240|
|Price per week If paid after the start of the course||£330||£330|
Discounted rates are given for payments in advance. Courses not paid in advance will be charged at the weekly rate.
Information on how to make a payment can be found here.
Add on to your course:
- Skype lessons (https://live-language.com/skype-lessons/)
- Globaliveation (Language Exchange and volunteering) (FREE)
- Fun and varied Social Programme (free museum visits and walking tours, entry fees to other activities are extra)