This exam must be completed in 30 minutes. Click here to start the exam
1. Please leave your room key at Reception.
2. 2. Foreign money changed here.
3. AFTERNOON SHOW BEGINS AT 2PM
4. CLOSED FOR HOLIDAYS Lessons start again
5. Price per night:
£10 a tent
£5 a person
6. Scotland is the north part of the island of Great Britain. The Atlantic Ocean is on the west and the North Sea on the east. Some people _________ Scotland speak a different language called Gaelic.
7. 7. There are _________ five million people in Scotland
8. 8. Edinburgh is _______ most famous city.
9. 9. Scotland has many mountains; the highest one is called “Ben Nevis”. In the south of Scotland, there are a lot of sheep. A long time ago, there ________ many forests.
10. 10. but now there are only a ________ Scotland is only a small country, but it is quite beautiful.
Alice Guy Blaché
11. Alice Guy Blache was the first female film director. She first became involved in cinema whilst working for the Gaumont Film Company in the late 1890s. This was a period of great change in the cinema and Alice was the first to use many new inventions, _______ sound and colour.
12. 12. In 1907 Alice _______ to New York where she started her own film company.
13. 13. She was ___________ successful, but, when Hollywood became the centre of the film world
14. 14. the film world, the best days of the independent New York film companies were ________
15. 15. When Alice died in 1968, hardly anybody _______ her name.
UFOs – do they exist?
16. UFO is short for “unidentified flying object”. UFOs are popularly known as flying saucers, _____
17. 17. that is often the _______ they are reported to be.
18. 18. The ___________ “flying saucers” were seen in 1947 by an American pilot, but experts who studied his claim decided it had been a trick of the light.
19. 19. Even people experienced at watching the sky, _________ as pilots, report seeing UFOs.
20. 20. In 1978 a pilot reported a collection of UFOs off the coast of New Zealand. A television _________ went up with the pilot and filmed the UFOs. Scientists studying this phenomenon later discovered that in this case they were simply lights on boats out fishing.
21. 21. The teacher encouraged her students __________ to an English pen-friend.
22. 22. They spent a lot of time ________ at the pictures in the museum.
23. 23. Shirley enjoys science lessons, but all her experiments seem to _____ wrong.
24. ______ from Michael, all the group arrived on time.
25. 25 She ______ her neighbour’s children for the broken window.
26. 26. As I had missed the history lesson, my friend went _____ the homework with me.
27. Whether she’s a good actress or not is a _________ of opinion.
28. 28. The decorated roof of the ancient palace was _______ up by four thin columns.
29. 29. Would it _______you if we came on Thursday?
30. 30. This form ______ be handed in until the end of the week.
31. 31. If you make a mistake when you are writing, just ________ it out with your pen.
32. 32. Although our opinions on many things _____ we’re good friends.
33. 33. This product must be eaten _______ two days of purchase.
34. 34. The newspaper report contained ______ important information.
35. 35. Have you considered ______ to London?
36. 36. It can be a good idea for people who lead an active life to increase their ______ of vitamins.
37. 37. I thought there was a ________ of jealousy in his reaction to my good fortune.
38. 38. Why didn’t you _______ that you were feeling ill?
39. 39. James was not sure exactly where his best interests _________
40. 40. He’s still getting __________ the shock of losing his job
Join our email newsletter to receive free resources,
updates and special offers.