Please note, the school requires minimum 5 students to start a Foreign Language class. Live Language reserves the right to cancel any course which does not meet the minimum number of students. However, if a class does not have 5 participants, students will be given the following options to enable them to continue studying:
- 5 students: full 24 hours (12 weeks X 2 hours)
- 4 students: 20 hours (10 weeks X 2 hours)
- 2-3 students: A semi-private option will be offered
If you have joined the wrong level and would like to change to another confirmed class with your level, you have one week to notify your teacher to change your booking and class.
All courses should be completed within the agreed and specified time.
Late deadline to join the course by the 3rd week of the term
Please feel free to inform Fernanda (Fernanda.email@example.com) or Alessandra (Alessandra.firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have missed a class and would like a copy of the material.
School Holidays in 2017 & 2018:
- Christmas: 23 December – 7 January 2018 (School closes on 23rd December and reopens on 8th January)
- Easter: Friday 30 March and Monday 2nd April
- Monday 7 May
- Monday 28 May
- Monday 24 September
- Christmas: 22 December – 6 January 2019 (School reopens on 7th January 2019)
A student’s place on the course is confirmed on receipt of the course fees paid in Sterling (GBP) at the time of booking. Course Fees should be paid by the application deadline.
Private and semi-private lessons booked must be paid for in advance and can be taken at any time within a year.
A one-off Registration Fee of £20 per student is payable to Live Language.
Pro rata payments are not available, even if a student joins late.
3. Refund Policy:
Live Language will not refund any money to a student who has booked a course once the class has been confirmed and started. Credit will only be offered to students who can provide a medical certificate and circumstances are examined on a case-by-case basis. Credit will be considered from the day you inform. Any credit given can only be used on the same type of course.
Registration Fees are non-refundable. However, if the minimum number of 5 students is not met for the course, a refund will be processed for your class payment including registration fee.
Student absence, for whatever reason will not be rewarded by any amount of extension for the course or refund.
4. Cancellation or Postponement of Private Lessons:
Cancellations of Private/Semi-Private/Catch-up lessons less than 24 hours before the scheduled time will be charged for a full time of the lesson.
5. Complaints Procedure for Students:
We want to:
- Give you the best possible customer service
- Find the best way to help you quickly, confidentially and in a positive way
- Understand everything correctly, tell you what is happening and what we will do to help you
- Be equal and fair with everyone, both students and Live Language staff
- Deal with any complaints according to the law, British Council requirements and Live Language’s policies.
- Resolve any complaints within 14 days of the complaint first being raised with us.
- If you are not happy about a person who works in the school, a school service or a school facility, please ask anyone at reception for help. They will tell you who will help you – either the FL Director of Studies (FLDoS), or the School Director (SD).
- We will then give you an appointment to discuss your problem. We will try to help you informally first. We can usually solve problems quickly and informally.
- If the problem is serious or if you want to make a formal complaint, we will ask you to give us your complaint in writing.
- We will tell you what we are going to do.
- After we have looked at the complaint and tried to solve the problem, we will meet with you and discuss what we have done. We will give you a written report. We hope you will be happy with the result at this point.
- If you are still not satisfied, we will try again to help you by reviewing our staff, services or facilities. Then we will meet you again and tell you what we have done, and give you a final written report.
- If you are still not satisfied but we have done everything possible to help, we will tell you in writing how you can make a complaint outside the school.
7.1 How does Live Language use your information?
Live Language requires to process data about students in order to carry out normal administration. When you register with Live Language you will be giving us permission to process data about you. If you do not give your consent to this processing, Live Language may not be able to accept you as a student.
We use the information we collect about you to help us understand how our site is used and to send you communications about us which we think may be of interest to you. It will also enable us to contact you where necessary if (for instance) you have registered to take a language test or have requested information regarding the services that we provide. We will also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business. In particular, we may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the website or our services. If you have consented, we might also use your information to let you know about other products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you and we may contact you by post, telephone or fax, as well as by email. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or writing to Marketing, Live Language, 10 Somerset Place, Glasgow, G3 7JT, Scotland, UK or calling us on : +44(0) 141 221 0793
7.2 Disclosure of your information
Live Language will not share, sell or rent your information to any other third party. Finally, if Live Language merges with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to Live Language’s new business partners or owners.
If your fees are paid by a third party, such as a parent, spouse, employer or government, Live Language may be required to supply these parties in regard to level, progress and attendance with these parties.
Updating and correcting or deleting your information
If you change address or if any of the other information that we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Marketing Live Language, 10 Somerset Place, Glasgow, G3 7JT, Scotland, UK or calling us on +44(0) 141 221 0793. with the correct details. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence from us, please contact us at either of the addresses or the given telephone number to inform us of this and we will remove your details from our records when they are next being updated.
8. Additional information
All students are expected to behave with responsible attitudes and treat fellow students, staff and school property with respect. Ignoring school guidelines may result in expulsion without a refund of course fees.
Students should buy their own textbooks and stationery. You can find the different textbook information here http://live-language.com/foreign-language-book-list-2017/ . Course materials, examination fees, and the cost of activities and excursions are not included except where specifically stated.
9. Office Hours:
Monday 9:00 – 6.30 pm
Tuesday 9:00 – 6.30 pm
Wednesday 9:00 – 6.30pm
Thursday 9:00 – 6.30 pm
Friday 9:00 – 5:00 pm
You must agree to the TERMS & CONDITIONS before a booking can be accepted.